Yuanmiaoliang (Selina) Chen
I grew up in China and got my bachelor degree from Xi'an Jiaotong University. Different from other members in Lin's group, I majored in nuclear engineering as an undergraduate. During my undergraduate study, I focused on the detection and protection of nuclear radiation, and developed an interest of environmental impacts of nuclear waste. Therefore, I came to Vanderbilt University and chose environmental engineering as major for my master degree. At Vanderbilt, I joined Lin's group and did some research on membrane distillation (MD) techonology. Throughout my study and research experiences, I realize my authentic passions in environmental membrane technologies and decide to pursue my Ph.D. degree in related fields. Currently, I'm actively looking for a Ph.D. position.
- Winner of Xi’an Jiaotong University National encouragement scholarship (3 out of 90) | 09/2013
- Winner of Xi’an Jiaotong University Chinese Nuclear Power First-class Scholarship (2 out of 90) | 09/2014
- Winner of Xi’an Jiaotong University Excellent Student | 09/2014
- Winner of the Third Place at Xi’an Jiaotong University Mathematical Modeling Contest | 2014
- Winner of the Third Place at Xi’an Jiaotong University Aerobics Game | 2013
- Chen, Y., Wang, Z., Jennings, K., and Lin, S*, "Probing Pore Wetting in Membrane Distillation using Impedance: Early Detection and Mechanism of Surfactant-induced Wetting", Environmental Science & Technology Letters (Accepted) Link